TBA Farms Ltd. In British Columbia, Canada is looking for 10 farm workers for a permanent, full-time role at its fruit farm. The employer is offering numerous benefits for the employee and does not require any educational background. Please read on to find out more about this job.
Fruit farm worker at TBA Farms Ltd.
$15.20 per hour for a 40-45 hour week.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The primary responsibility of the farm worker is handling the farm operations.
- The work includes plating, irrigating, fertilizing, pruning, and harvesting the fruit.
- The farm worker will be responsible for checking the harvested fruit for quality before getting it delivered to the market.
- Handling heavy loads is part of the job. Therefore, someone who is physically fit to handle heavy loads will be considered for the job.
- The worker is expected to be responsible for meeting deadlines as well as probing other farm workers to work efficiently since this is the work culture.
- The worker will be trained in handling farm machinery. However, prior experience in working with heavy machinery can be a plus point.
- The worker should maintain the cleanliness of the farm, the work area, and the machinery.
- Any disruptions in work, issues with machinery, and transport issues should be communicated to the owner.
- Since the job requires checking the fruit produce for quality assurance, it is important that the worker can distinguish between colors.
- The work requires long hours of standing, sitting, walking, bending, and crouching as well as repetitive work.
- Since this is a long-term role, the worker is expected to be flexible about schedules and also prove to be a team player.
- No educational degree or certifications are required for this role. However, proficiency in speaking and writing in English is a must for the role.
- No experience is required for this role. Therefore, it is a perfect opportunity for newcomers in Canada.
- The work will be done in harsh weather conditions, therefore, the worker should be comfortable in working in these types of weather.
- The worker should possess attention to detail which will help in assuring quality of the produce and improve worker performance ratings which can result in bonuses.
How to Apply
To apply, email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 February 2023.
World Jobz is a platform that posts worldwide job openings. We do not offer any jobs or promise any employment. World Jobz is not responsible of the application process. Candidates are requested not to share their private information while applying for jobs