In Woodville, Ontario, a reputed company is looking for multiple farmworkers. The job is permanent and full-time and also pays well compared to other farmer jobs. The work starts as soon as possible, so read on to find out about the job role and apply immediately.
Farm Worker Job Canada
Farm Worker at Shri hari Krishna Consultancy Inc., in Woodville, Ontario, Canada.
Salary and Benefits
$16.50-$18.50 per hour for a 32-35 hour week. Permanent, full-time employment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The farm worker will be responsible for planting and irrigating crops.
- Since the farm also houses farm animals, the worker will be responsible for taking care of these animals.
- The water line, airflow, and the temperature of the chicken coops and barns needs to be maintained.
- The worker should monitor the health of the livestock and the poultry.
- The crop health also needs to be monitored by the farm worker.
- The farm worker will also be responsible for operating the farm machinery.
- At times the farmer will have to hand-harvest some vegetables on the farm since they cannot be harvested mechanically.
- One of the primary responsibilities of the worker is to check the produce for quality and prepare it for shipping it off to the market.
- The worker will also be responsible for maintaining cleanliness on the farm and in the barns and chicken coops.
- The worker will pick the eggs each day, check for quality, and send it off to the market for selling.
- Since the job requires the worker to operate farm machinery, previous experience in a similar role will be preferred. However, it is not a requirement and if the chosen candidate does not have any experience in operating farm machinery, the employer will train them.
- No degree, certificate, or diploma is required to apply for this role. However, English speaking proficiency is a must for the role since the medium of instruction and communication will be English.
- The worker must be physically fit to handle load while loading the delivery trucks.
- The work is physically demanding, therefore, someone who is active and can do physical work throughout the entire day will be fit for the role.
- The work is fast-paced and requires someone who is vigilant and active in working.
- Since the worker will be working with animals and maintaining cleanliness of the farm, the work is a combination of sitting, standing, crouching, bending, and kneeling for long periods of time.
- The worker must be comfortable in working in extreme weather conditions.
- The worker should also be comfortable in doing repetitive work.
How to Apply
Apply by emailing email@example.com with your resume. You can apply for this position by 31st December 2021.
World Jobz is a platform that posts worldwide job openings. We do not offer any jobs or promise any employment. World Jobz is not responsible for the application process. Candidates are requested not to share their private information while applying for jobs.