In Saskatchewan province, Canada, Brent Kittelson Harvesting Ltd is looking for 6 farm workers for their grain farm. With no diploma, degree, or other educational requirements, this job is perfect for newcomers to Canada as it pays quite well. Read on to find out more about the job role and how to apply.
Farm worker at Brent Kittelson Harvesting Ltd.
$21.00 – $22.00 per hour for a 40-43 hour week.
Accommodation for the worker is available.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This is a full-time seasonal employment which is great for those who are looking for work in the Canadian job market.
- The worker will be responsible for plating the grains, fertilizing and spraying the crops.
- The worker’s primary responsibilities include operating farm equipment and machinery to carry out farm duties and work efficiently.
- This job requires the worker to irrigate crops as well as harvest the crops which are ready.
- The worker will also be responsible for separating weed from the grain. Processing the grain into wheat, barley, and other edibles.
- At a small scale, the farm also carries out packaging activities. The worker will be responsible for packaging the processes crops in a way that it seems like high quality produce.
- The worker will also be responsible for transporting the grain to short distances or loading the grain onto transportation vehicles.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the machinery and the farm is a must.
- Any repair, maintenance, and fuel requirements need to be communicated to the farm owner to assure the smooth operations of the farm.
- Since the role is seasonal little training will be provided to the persons hired. However, if the applicant has a few months of experience of working at a farm, it will be a good choice and can lead to a permanent position at the farm.
- The job is quite physically demanding. Therefore, the worker will have to sit, crouch, bend, and kneel for various tasks. The worker needs to be physically fit for the role.
- The job does not have any educational requirements, though English language proficiency is a must.
- For working with the farming vehicles, prior experience is a must.
- The farm is located in a rural area. Therefore, the worker will have to relocate near the farm or take the accommodation benefit because commute will to be possible to and fro from the city area.
How to Apply
To apply, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at PO Box 250, Torquay, SK, S0C 2L0. You can apply to this position by 1st December 2021.
World Jobz is a platform that posts worldwide job openings. We do not offer any jobs or promise any employment. World Jobz is not responsible of the application process. Candidates are requested not to share their private information while applying for jobs.