In Clear Creek, Ontario, a well-known farming company called Janayco Ltd. Is looking for 10+ farm workers. This is a seasonal full time employment, therefore, it is perfect for someone wanting to kick start their career in the Canadian job market. Read on below to find out more about the job role and application details.
Farm Worker at Janayco Ltd., in Clear Creek, Ontario, Canada.
Salary and Benefits
$14.39-$15.00 per hour for a 35-80 hour week. Seasonal, full-time employment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The farm worker is responsible for planting, cultivating, and irrigating the tobacco crops.
- One of the primary responsibilities of the worker is to operate and maintain the farm machinery to cultivate the crops.
- The machinery that the worker will have to operate includes a tractor, lift truck, farm truck, and a loader.
- The worker will be responsible for examining the produce for quality before shipping it off to the market for sale.
- Preparing the produce for the market will also be the responsibility of the worker which includes packaging the product appropriately, labelling the boxes, and shipping the right quantity ordered by the customers.
- The cleanliness of the farm will also be the responsibility of the worker.
- The job requires the worker to operate farm machinery, therefore, prior experience in working with farm machinery will be an asset. However, if the worker is not experienced, they will be trained on job to operate the machines.
- No degree, certificate, or diploma is a prerequisite for this role.
- English speaking and writing is a must for the job since the medium of instruction and reporting will be in English.
- The work is physical in nature and it requires the worker to bend, crouch, kneel, and stand for long hours. Therefore, someone who is physically fit can handle the job load.
- The worker will be working in a team, therefore, high level of team work and flexibility is expected from the employee.
- Since the worker will be responsible for quality assurance of the produce, he/ she is required to be able to distinguish between colors.
- The worker should be comfortable in working in extreme weather conditions like rain, hot, damp, and dusty weather and working conditions.
How to Apply
Apply by mail on 796-6th Concessison ENR Rd, Clear Creek, ON, N0E 1C0 with your resume. You can apply for this position by 27th December 2021. Please make sure that you are legally allowed to work in Canada since the employer is not authorized to send out work visas.
World Jobz is a platform that posts worldwide job openings. We do not offer any jobs or promise any employment. World Jobz is not responsible for the application process. Candidates are requested not to share their private information while applying for jobs.