Maple Leaf Foods is one of the biggest food processing companies in Canada. In the state of Manitoba, the company is looking for 100+ production laborers for their new manufacturing plant. Please read on to find out about the selection criteria and job roles and responsibilities and apply now if you are fit for the role!
Production laborer at Maple Leaf Foods’ Food processing plant.
$15.70 – $22.20 per hour for a 32-40 hour week plus bonus based on performance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The production worker will be responsible for manually check the goods for any signs of defect for quality assurance.
- The woker will also be required to manually pack the goods into bags first and then in other containers like boxes and palettes.
- The roles and responsibilities of the worker also includes checking the packaging for defects and reporting if the machines are causing any quality issues in production.
- One major role of the production worker is to clean the machines before and after the shift is over. The immediate work areas such as the floor and nearby areas should also be kept clean.
- The worker will also have to lift heavy loads to upload it into transportation vehicles.
- The worker will be trained to check for and repair basic and common defects in machines.
- The laborer must work with dexterity to assure that the packaging is done quickly and efficiently.
- The job is a long-term and permanent role, therefore, the employer will be looking for reliable people who can fit well in the culture of the organization. Teamwork skills are a must for the employees.
- The work is fast paced, therefore someone who can meet deadlines and can work under pressure will be a well-fit for the role.
- The job does not require any degree or certificates. However, proficiency in English language is a must since reporting forms will have to be filled in English and the instructions and training will be given in English as well.
- The worker should either have own transportation or opt for public transportation to the plant.
- Someone knowledgeable in food safety and handling pork meat, it will be considered an asset. However, experience is not a requirement for this role.
- The job requires long hours of standing, bending, crouching and kneeling. Therefore, it is a physically demanding job.
- The worker will be required to do repetitive tasks; therefore, good hand-eye coordination is a requirement for this job.
- This job offers many benefits to its employees including life insurance benefits, disability benefits, medical benefits, dental benefits, and also pension plans.
How to Apply
Apply through Apply Here You can apply to this position by 22nd November 2021.
World Jobz is a platform that posts worldwide job openings. We do not offer any jobs or promise any employment. World Jobz is not responsible of the application process. Candidates are requested not to share their private information while applying for jobs.