In the densely populated city of Vancouver comes an excellent job opportunity as food service supervisors. The employer is Tim Hortons which is one of the most popular fast-food chain restaurant in Canada. As a result, the candidates who secure the job will be working at a handsome salary package and good benefits. Read below to find out more about the job role.
Food service supervisor at Tim Hortons in Vancouver, Canada.
Salary and Benefits
$15.85 per hour for a 38-40 hour week. Permanent, full-time employment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The worker will be responsible for managing the kitchen staff including establishing work schedules for the kitchen staff and other workers.
- The food service supervisor will be responsible for overlooking the operations of the kitchen and assure that cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- The worker must supervise the trolley deliveries to assure that the customers are getting the orders that they have placed.
- Any customer complaints should be handled in an effective manner.
- The supervisor is responsible for assuring that the time to service does not fall beneath a certain lower limit. This is to assure that the customers are served quickly whilst maintaining quality.
- The supervisor must also maintain records of wastage, inventory, stocks, and sales.
- Any faulty equipment should be reported or fixed immediately so that the work flow is not disrupted. The records of repairs should also be updated.
- The worker should also estimate the supply requirements and other orders so that there is no issue of shortages in the restaurant.
- All in all the worker is responsible for assuring the quality standards of the restaurant are maintained.
- The supervisor is also responsible for hiring workers for the restaurant.
- Training the workers to perform well along with motivating them is the responsibility of the food service supervisor.
- Since this is a managerial role, it requires 2-3 years of experience in a similar role or a similar position.
- Someone who is willing to learn will be preferred for this role.
- The applicant must have at least a secondary high school certificate.
- The worker should be well versed in English language. The ethnicity he/ she belongs to does not matter as long as they can read, write, and converse in English language.
- Since the work is fast-paced, someone who can work dedicatedly should be fit for the role.
- The worker should show exceptional team management and team player skills so the workers are at ease with working with the supervisor.
- It is very important that the worker maintains a friendly environment in the restaurant so that the customers experience good vibes from the staff.
How to Apply
Apply by emailing [email protected] with your resume and a short cover letter explaining why you are a fit for this position. You can apply to this position by 12th December 2021.
World Jobz is a platform that posts worldwide job openings. We do not offer any jobs or promise any employment. World Jobz is not responsible of the application process. Candidates are requested not to share their private information while applying for jobs.